Friday, June 8, 2012

the last cabin day.




I think about everything I've learned and has been taught to me by living in this cabin. 

Loneliness is okay. It's alright to be lonely, but fill it up with things that aren't temporary. Fill it with things and people that last.

Live a well-intentioned life. This means, to me, to live slowly and intentionally by being conscious of your actions. This reminds me of "going gently." Don't crash and thrash and run through a lifetime.

I need to spend more time reading books. Filling up my head with other thoughts, ideas, and feelings other than my own is so important.

It's alright to love the mountains and the sea.

You can find pieces of yourself in different people and places...places and people that you never even thought existed in the world until you run across them. Isn't it incredible who falls into your life at the right times?

E-mail and being connected is important, but there are better ways of connecting with people. Like I had previously learned, but forgot, conversation is the best way to get to know someone. Not through any separated and sifted form of technology, but face to face conversation.

The word 'home' should not be thrown around carelessly.

Sometimes people just need to be loved. And your job is to pour love into them.

I need to say 'thank you' more.



"stories move in circles. they don't go in straight lines. so it helps if you listen in circles. there are stories inside stories and stories between stories. and finding your way through them is as easy and as hard as finding your way home. and part of the finding is the getting lost. and when you're lost, you start to look around and listen."

No comments:

Post a Comment