Saturday, November 7, 2009

Happiness


here I am, living my life, and striving for something. I have rearranged my priorities into stop trying to make others happy and just trying to make myself happy. And I have started to really achieve that. I'm proud of myself.

On another a note I had a couple hours today to shoot pictures. Self portraits are fun for me because I know how I want the picture to turn out but I don't like to put them up, just because I get a little self conscious. So here are a series of self portraits, along with notes.
I want to travel. I want to be able to get up and move whenever and wherever. The thing that stops me though, is fear. Its amazing how much of a grip it has on my heart and mind. I have been thinking about transferring to a different university because I feel like although I am comfortable here, I could be happier somewhere else. But everytime that word, "could", is the one that gets me. What if it doesn't happen?

This teacup has a variety of stories to it. Even though it is cracked and broken, it holds some key memories to it and therefore has become one of my most valuable possessions. Maybe its not about the actual possession, its about the memory and significance behind them.

This picture makes me feel bold. There's something about that feeling that makes me feel like I can do anything, its my choice. I am content with my orange walls. I'm glad I painted them that color. Its just for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment