Friday, March 9, 2012

alive!

I'm finally feeling alive again.

This past Monday night, my chest started feeling tight and my lungs hurt when I was breathing in. By Tuesday night, because it had gotten worse and I had developed a deep cough, I drove myself to the ER. I spent the next 7 hours getting chest x rays, blood tests and cat scans to check out some scary potential blood clots that had showed up on the x-ray. Luckily, I left with only a diagnosis of a strong case of pneumonia and some antibiotics. Fast forward 3 solid days spent in discomfort and fever and I'm finally feeling like moving around and getting outside a little. The weather has been so nice here, and it's been painstaking to sleep through it, but I've had no energy or ability to go outside or hardly move. But springtime is coming and despite my desire to go ski on my new (to me) skis, I've really appreciated the sunlight.

I'm getting ready to travel far and long distances. I'll be traveling a lot this summer. More specifically, I'll be in over 10 cities in 2 months. I'm bringing my pup along for most of the ride, because of course, she is my traveling companion. It's an odd thing, the things we give up to be able to go travel. Like buying cheap, terrible coffee and eating rice and potatoes to save money to go somewhere new and different. It'll be an adventure, most definitely, and I'm thrilled to see where it takes me.

I've begun the process of giving up my possessions, and preparing to move. It's freeing and nervewracking and terrifying and lovely, all at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment