Friday, March 30, 2012

future plans might not be plans.




The feeling of restless has hit full force, and I've been shedding possessions right and left to simplify, to make my life a little less complicated. My bed is on the floor next to my record player, the way I would prefer it to be, so I can start it in the early mornings when I'm awake and hurrying around my wooden floorboards to make it to work on time. I'm winding things up at work, feeling like every hour I sit in the office is a little more time spent dying on the inside. Despite working with wonderful people, I can't wait to never work in an office building again. I feel like I get boring there.

I can't wait to stand in an open space and feel small again. To put things in that perspective of a paradigm shift and realize that the world doesn't revolve around possessions or money or where you live, but more so of who you are with, how much love there is to give, and places to explore.

I can't stop thinking about the water and the feeling of coasting on it. Despite a short amount of surfing time, like I said in my last post, it was the happiest I've felt in a long, long time. I love the mountains and am learning to love the snow a lot more, but I think that maybe more immediately than I thought, I need to be by the water. I'm not quite sure how I will make it work with rent and food and living expenses, but it doesn't need to be completely figured out. Plans are dreary sometimes, and maybe a change of pace in a drastic way will be healthy; to learn to love the sea as much as I love the high elevations.

For my final 3 weeks in this town I would like to spend quality time with the people I love, eat food that makes me feel good, dance to bluegrass music, go on adventures, get lost, go outside, simplify, and be happy. Those all sound reasonable to me.
Chocolate and raspberry pancakes were made the other day, with a side of kiwi and a rather large cup of coffee.

I could do this always.

No comments:

Post a Comment