Wednesday, May 26, 2010

adventures and missing

(this video just made my heart sing)

I was thinking today how great adventures are.


Adventures can be incredible experiences. But sometimes they involve people leaving who we don't want to part ways with. Part of me wants to be selfish and keep that person/those people here, bottle them up and keep them beside me always. But I know thats not how life works, and it would be selfish of me to ask them to stay behind instead of explore the world.

Someone very wise once told me:

"you're not leaving anyone. it feels like abandonment? it's not. you're gathering life experiences to bring back to them."

But there is something about missing someone that digs a part out of your heart. It aches and it can't be filled with someone else. So all you can do is know that you are doing something good while they are gone. Do something positive, become better, stronger. They will do the same.

I was also told that one of the most important things in life is to learn how to be alone. You learn to be comfortable by yourself and you get to know all the corners and attics of your soul. I'm still working on it.


Also, on blogs to look at, please check this out: if you don't already read hers, you should. (http://eight30one.wordpress.com/)

1 comment:

  1. Whats up Skinner!? I loved that video, it makes me want to go to an aquarium this summer. It also reminded me that Mr. Mendez was going to volunteer at the one in Denver just weeks before he went and hurt himself on some dumb tramp. Anyway BWW this week for sure!

    ReplyDelete