Thursday, May 20, 2010

I found what I was looking for.

Let's start from the beginning.


I bought a plane ticket to visit Yosemite, a place that I loved when I visited almost four years ago. I remember specific things about this place, like the smell of my Uncle's small cabin and reading Spanish climbing magazines. I remember the tall granite walls that made me feel so weak in the knees.

I remember loving this place, and all of a sudden, it wasn't a place I loved. It was a place I feared, I didn't want to talk about, I never wanted to visit again and it remained in my memory as a terrible place because of what I felt it took away from me.

So I made the jump. I leaped, without knowing if anything would catch me. It turned out to be better than I expected, more wholesome and full of soul than I would have ever imagined.


When I look back on the trip, it was a whirlwind of beautiful moments all strung together. I met some really incredible people including two photographers that taught me so much about shooting and capturing moments.


It was one of those moments that I knew I was supposed to be right there, right here, right now and being with someone that means so much to me.

I saw old friends, made new ones, and listened to fantastic stories. I also ate really, really good food.
The last day we were there, I had some time to myself and I ran around taking photos, because I knew thats what made me happiest.

It's incredible, finding little pieces of your soul in places you never thought you would.

Do something that scares you. Just do it. Tell someone you love them everyday. Love to the brim of your heart and even more. Forgive somebody.
I'm realizing life is way too short to not do something you love.


No comments:

Post a Comment