Monday, December 6, 2010

Bluebird wings.


I have lost a lot of people in my life, unfortunately. But for almost every close friend or family member that has passed, almost immediately after, I see the same bird figure. This happened starting with my Uncle's accident. I picked up a book with birds on the front to start writing down people's favorite stories about him. Ever since this, I have seen the exact same birds.

on television.
in movies.
in friend's houses.
everywhere after a friend passes.

So a couple months after I noticed I see the birds, I found this verse...
"He will cover you with his feathers. He will shelter you with his wings. His faithful promises are your armor and protection."- Psalms 91:4
It reminds me that I'm being protected, I have the reminder that I'm not by myself.
That I'm not alone.
It's not me against the world.
Or the world against me.
That I have powerful forces on my side. Literally.

It is a mountain bluebird because they can't be contained. They need wide open spaces with lots of places to roam. If I was any sort of creature, I would be this bird. Our personalities match, I wander and get anxious if I feel contained.

It is flying towards my heart on my left side because I wanted this protection somewhere that felt close.

I love this. So much.
And it hurt like hell.

This is my last tattoo. (Thank you Meghan -www.rollingtattoo.com) It is one that means something so much to me, and I'm so happy it's on me forever.
I hope you all did something wonderful and meaningful with your day as well.

Also, it was my best friend's birthday. I'm so blessed to have these sorts of people in my life. To Nori Javalina, thank you for inspiring everyday.

1 comment: