Tuesday, July 14, 2009

International Climbers Festival

Well this was the 16th annual International Climbers Festival in Lander! I'm glad to say that I think this was the busiest year! For myself, it was definitely the most fun. I knew most of the people who attended this year, so it made it fun to see old friends, make new ones and have a great time.
I promised myself last year that this year I would do the pull-up contest, because the prizes are SICK! So I got up the nerve to enter this time around. Surprisingly, I placed 2nd with a total of 14 pull ups. Emily Tilden won with 15 and Lisa Horst took third after tying me twice for second! I ended up winning a nice pair of Smith sunglasses, which is rad because my quality pair from the gas station just broke :)

After staying up late and having way too much fun, it all caught up with me and I now have a cold. Two out of my three cousins also have pnuemonia and so I am trying hard to keep up on sleep and medicine. Due to being sick, I haven't had a lot of energy to go climb. Yesterday was the first time I have been out for a week but I got some good bouldering in at the Cabin Boulders in Sinks Canyon. So I have been trying to find some low key things to do to keep myself occupied and healthy. I have always wanted to learn guitar so I am teaching myself how to play. I am developing some nice calluses on my finger tips from playing and it is quite fun! I am really enjoying being in Lander and adventures have become a regular part of life here. It keeps me on my toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment