Monday, July 6, 2009

Lander, endurance and the locals











Lander has been great so far! I have had plenty of people to climb with in the past couple days which is incredible. Among these people have been friends, Kris Hampton and his friend Yasmeen from Cincinatti, OH. I have been climbing with them two great days of stellar Wild Iris and Sinks Canyon climbing on pockets and sharp limestone.




The worst part however, is that my skin is not keeping up with my motivation. By day 2, my fingertips were bloody and bruised. So today was an active rest day. I have been trying to lead more to get stronger mentally. Granted everything I'm leading is below a 5.10, but we all have to start somewhere. So today I went out and led a couple easy 7's and 8's to keep my muscles moving but my fingertips undamaged.

As far as work, everyone here has been awesome. I am a routesetter at the gym here with another girl! I am new to the world of routesetting and so as you can imagine, it takes hours to only set a couple problems up in the gym. Tomorrow is my first day at the climbing shop working so we will see how it goes- I know most of the people who work there and they are all wonderful people! I am looking forward to spending time with them- even if it is work.
Above are some pictures of Yasmeen and Kris on some routes in Wild Iris: Kris is on Cow Reggae (13d, Wild Iris), and Yasmeen is on Babalouie (12c, Wild Iris)

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a cool place. Set some good ones in the gym!

    ReplyDelete