Saturday, January 29, 2011

bosler, wyoming and ships


The weekend finally came and I couldn't have been more grateful.

I've been dreaming about ships for the past 4 days. I'm not sure what this is a reflection of, other than change. In my dreams the water is really grey and I'm either on them on watching them sail. I can look out and see the line of the horizon and things are always calm and the sun is setting over the sounds of the water washing on the boat. I've been really happy in these dreams, because I've been seeing people who have passed away. I am aware that can sound odd to some people, but it's comforting to me. It's nice to be able to see them in a state of pure happiness.

In one of the dreams, a friend of mine told me that if I didn't pursue photography that I would be neglecting the world. As soon as he said this, I looked over my shoulder and saw my Uncle nod at me. It was a pretty powerful vision and when I woke up I was content with my life and where it is going.

But last night, I had a dream that I was sailing in the darkest blue water I've seen. I was on the ship when the front end started flooding and slowly it started sinking. The water got higher and and higher and I could feel myself being lowered into the depths. I attribute this dream to feeling overwhelmed. I've been trying to take it easy on my mind because it feels pretty overworked. I've taken really, really long walks the past two days and also tromped around the woods just a tiny bit. It has been so warm here for the past couple days, my mood has been significantly better.

I got some things off my mind today. I danced around the house this morning and cooked myself some breakfast that made me feel good. I loaded some film in my film camera and shot a couple photos and looked back through some old photos that made me remember things that I loved. Then, I was whisked off to take some photos with some really wonderful and photogenic people. We ran around in fields and looked in old buildings with cracking paint, broken glass, old shoes, and tattered couches with loose springs. It did a lot of good for the heart.


















No comments:

Post a Comment