Wednesday, February 3, 2010

15 things

One of my soul sister's wrote 15 random things about herself today on her blog. It looked like fun. So once you've read mine, I want to hear yours. Please? And secondly, I would like you to hear one of my favorite favorite songs right now while you read:



1. I realize I daydream now more than I ever have. If I can, I just let them come. I let my mind wander about what my pictures will look like and what my next adventure will be.
2. I don't know if I will finish school. The more I go to class, the more I think that I don't belong there. Yes, I like learning. But it is a constant battle between my soul and my brain. My soul is tugging at me to leave, to go adventure and be wild. My brain is the one that is telling me I should stay, I should listen and that this will help me build a future. Some days I don't know which one to listen to.
3. Getting a dog was the best life decision I have ever made. It is sometimes frustrating and difficult to travel with her, but the positives far outweigh the negatives. She understands me better than any person has and forgives me more than I should be forgiven. She also eats the gross blue sweetheart candies that I don't want. She likes to think that she's taking one for the team. Plus, she is an awesome cuddle bug.
4. i have symmetrical freckles on my back, legs and arms.
5. One of my biggest frustrations is bad spelling and bad grammar.
6. I am extremely lucky, in that I have a lot of friends in a lot of places. I'm not really sure where I consider home now, because truthfully I feel at home with all those people.
7. I am getting another tattoo...shhh...
8. One of my most favorite things in life is people watching and guessing what their life is like. And one of my favorite memories is doing that with Mei on the couch at an incredibly lame party.
9. When I was younger, I would see things out the window or when I was walking and think "wow, that would make a cool picture." I thought everyone thought like that until a couple years ago. Now I realize that I have that gift because I'm meant to see photos that no one else can. Sculptors can see shapes in clay that no one else can. Artists can turn a paint stroke into something beautiful and musicians can mold notes into songs that we sing along to at the top of our lungs. That is the cool thing about artists, we are so different- yet we have the same thoughts but in different forms.
10. I think wrinkles are some of the most flattering features someone can have. It makes me know that that person has lived.
11. Even though loosing my Uncle was difficult, the amount of opportunities and friendships that have come out of it give me a lot of comfort that it happened for a reason. Because of those people, I have laughed until I've cried, had amazing opportunities and have helped shape my life to where I am now.
12. There are some days that I skip class. Instead, I eat chocolate, cuddle with my puppy, take a drive, play guitar, sleep and climb. I almost feel like I learn more on those days about the world then I would have going to school. Simplicity amazes me to no end.
13. There have been more than a couple occasions that I have almost broke down and bought a banjo.
14. It makes my heart grin to see my cousins grow up. I get to witness parts of their childhood and capture them in photographs to keep for when they grow older. I can understand why parents love their children so much...to watch someone discover things is unbelievable. I couldn't be more proud of the individuals that they have turned into. Watching them laugh is one of the things that makes my soul burst the most, and loving them comes so easily. Their personalties are so unique but so similar, and all of them connect with my heart in such different ways. Like I have said before; it is easy to love life when such a strong force around you loves it too. Sarah does this for me more than anyone I have ever met.
15. I want you to know, more than anything, that I appreciate you.


And to finish, I went to the thrift store today. I picked out a dress that tugged on my shirt and reminded me of drinking out of Mason jars, of singular flowers in a milk carton in the window, of waking up next to someone you love and enjoy, of being barefoot in wet grass, of letting your soul loose and being free, and of stories that capture your imagination and make your mind twirl. Unfortunately, the picture idea I have for this dress is going to take a little waiting for. It needs to get warmer than 25 degrees and snow needs to melt. But I assure you, this one is going to be good.
can't wait to hear your 15- love,
-b

No comments:

Post a Comment