Tuesday, January 26, 2010

a mismatch of things I need to tell you.


The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.
- Hemmingway

My best friend once told me:

pursue life
pursue breathing and God.
Love will find you.

For some reason, my frustration has been growing over the past couple days. Still hitting brick walls. School is something that I thought that I would be able to keep under control. However, as I sat here tonight at my laptop trying to figure out what the hell a Euler Circulation is, Veda kept whining for me to throw the tennis ball for her. At first, I got angry and told her to cut it out. And then I realized, really, what is of better use of my time? Hanging out with my dog who I value more than anything...or spend time angry over school work that doesn't captivate me, that doesn't inspire me?

obviously, i chose Veda.

The more I think about it, the more I want to take a year off of school. Now, I don't think it is necessarily realistic because I don't know if I would ever go back...but. It's nice to dream.

The roots of my frustration can only be solved with a creative outlet.
tomorrow I am going to take more pictures.
It will be the only way I keep my brain in check this year.

Find something that captivates you and hold on to it.
I will finish school, but there will be a lot of times where I skip class to let my insides out.
with no strings attached
to not be tied down
and to let that sunshine keep me alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment