Thursday, January 14, 2010

some things on my mind.

It's late and insomnia and taking care of friends has got me awake at this hour. It's alright though, because I have a lot on my mind and it gives me time to sort it out.

I'm taking a class called Developmental Psychopathology. It's about how children/youth develop anxiety, depression, behavioral problems, etc. Even though I just had the first lecture today, we covered why these things develop. In most cases, it's environmental. It makes me incredibly grateful for the way I was raised, the way my parents taught me to act, how they taught me to love and recognize the people around me and how they gave me a wonderful childhood. Because my parents made good choices, I feel like I will make good choices as well. So padres, thank you.

I once heard from a friend that she was grateful for all the people in her life. The good people, and the people who made her life more difficult. When I asked her why she was grateful for the people that she had bad experiences with, she said it was because they showed her who she didn't want to become. I have kept that memory in my head ever since I've heard her say it. Recently I've been thinking a lot about past relationships, about people who things didn't end well with and things along those lines. Although at the time I was incredibly mad, I realize how it has helped me develop as a person. From experience I know that I don't want to be those certain people, they have assisted me in deciding what and who I want to be.

My schedule this year is insanely hard. With 18 credits, 3 jobs and this National Geographic project, I feel like I hardly have time to breathe. But I am proud of myself for being able to juggle it all so far...even though its only been 4 days. But the odd class times that I have now, mean that I spend a lot of time at home. No one who I'm living with has remotely the same schedule as me. So that means I also have been spending a lot of time by myself. I'm not sure if I like it or not. It makes things lonely but it also is a good time to hang out with Veda and get things done.

Sorry I've jumped subjects so much, just some things that have been roaming in my head. Went on a photo adventure today and got my car stuck in a snow bank.
That was fun! (not)
Epicness created great memories, lots of Young Jeezy, scarves and laughing took place.

I will end on something very positive and something that excites me. I am (have been) getting wrinkles on the sides of my eyes from laughing. Why people don't want wrinkles beats me. I think they are some of the most beautiful signs of living.

No comments:

Post a Comment