Tuesday, March 2, 2010

times are changing.

I actually feel like spring is coming. What a relief. I feel so much less isolated in this town, knowing that things are outside and surviving. We are all peaking out of our rabbit holes of houses, seeing if the winter is done yet. And it isn't. But it is winding up, and thats all that I can ask for. Snow makes me feel grumpy and separated. But today I walked out of the house and I heard birds and the wind didn't burn my face. It is a nice change.

Speaking of change. I'm dealing with a lot of it. Whew. It knocks the air out of me sometimes. And the frustrating part of all of it, is that I feel like I haven't had enough time to be upset, or happy or angry about it. So I have been sweeping my emotions under the rug to deal with them at a later date.

Driving back home this weekend I finally decided to deal with things. So I let everything run in my mind, until my eyes watered, making red tail lights and white head lights blurry lines. And I was listening to the kind of music that requires you to dig deep in your heart and find what you need. It was all kinds of necessary alone time. And can I mention that Veda is the best co-pilot? She shares animal crackers with me and tries to sit in my lap. Now if only I can teach her to drive...

(^this is from a long time ago, but it seemed to fit for today for some reason)


I took some pictures of some friends snowboarding yesterday. Everyone seemed to forget to inform me that if you step off the run, the snow is extremely deep and not packed down. So, looking for the "best shot" I wandered over to some trees: two steps in and the snow was up to my thighs, (keep in mind, I was wearing jeans and some snow-ish boots) It started to get really cold with now wet jeans and a rapidly disappearing sun, but I think I got some decent shots. Luckily, everyone was extremely patient with me. I didn't realize snow sports were so difficult to shoot, but I'm trying to expand my photo taking abilities...so if I decide to shoot them on a regular basis I might invest in some snow pants or proper shoes.






and on a side note: I updated my website www.beccaskinner.com so please go take a look!
If you would like to buy a print or book a shoot, drop me a message!

No comments:

Post a Comment